Datsun Driving Canby Fun 2009 was a great success!
If only 1st or 2nd trophies were awarded, that's because there were too few
pre-registered vehicles in that particular class.
If you don't see a class you might expect, that's because there were too few
pre-registered vehicles to create that particular class.
If you don't see a photo for a car, that's because no image was provided prior to the show. Winners, you may send an image to Canby09@datsunsnw.org for inclusion on this page.
|Z-Car Stock||1st||Ray Stashuk|
|Z-Car Modified||1st||Kim Boyle|
|Z-Car Modified||2nd||Clint Barnts|
|280ZX Modified||1st||Mike Hintz|
|Late Z Car||1st||Damon Freeman|
|510 Sedan L-Motor||1st||Loren St Lawrence|
|510 Sedan L-Motor||2nd||Patrick Franzen|
|510 Sedan L-Motor||3rd||Jeff Hino|
|510 Sedan Other 4cyl||1st||Kevin Koford|
|510 Sedan V6||1st||Jordan Barth|
|510 Wagon||1st||Greg Macaulay|
|510 Wagon||2nd||Nathan Snyder|
|Roadster Modified||1st||Michael Spreadbury|
|Roadster Modified||2nd||Mike & Sierra Braaten|
|Early Sedan||1st||Aaron Suchy|
|Early Sedan||2nd||David Chick|
|Early Truck||1st||Andy Springer|
|Late Truck||1st||Rick Lunore|
|Late Truck||2nd||Randy Harbaugh|
|Late Truck||3rd||Michael Cunningham|
|Hard Luck Award - (Parking lot snafu)||John DeHaan|
More Canby09 photos here soon. If you want to share your Canby 09 photos on this site,
contact us at .
Some of the participants and attendees at awards presentation during Datsun Driving Canby Fun 2009.
A shot of a few of the attendees. It was an impromptu photo shoot of a small percentage of registrants and attendees. Anyone who wanted to drive back to the field was included. We estimate that at least 200 cars attended and/or participated in Canby 09 over the two days. Thanks to Ron Tyler and Paul Rushman for the Winnebago-assisted photo.
The Winnebago/Tripod used to get the group photo the next day.
Some of the non-show Datsun/Nissan corral parking
DNW thanks Brock Racing Enterprises for the nifty Datsun magnets we gave away in the Canby 2009 goody bags and the awesome print they donated to the raffle.
Thank you to all the participants for making the show so much fun!
A BIG thank you to all volunteers for making the show run so smoothly!I've listed some of the volunteers here:
- Gail Carter — She is always there when we need an extra hand. She fills in whenever and wherever needed.
- Courtney Carter — She is really fun to have around. Just like her mom, she fills in whenever and wherever needed.
- Mike Hintz — He is always there to run an errand or assist as needed.
- Reuel Mark — He's always around to help out at registration and gate.
- Greg Mccauley — One of our favorite Canadians, he's been coming to the show for years and always helps us out.
A HUGE thank you to the organizers for continuing to work behind the scenes to make sure this lil' show continues.In case you're not familiar with the people who make Canby happen, I've listed them below.
- Dave Bothwell — DNW Prez and Event Lead Coordinator — The go-to guy for the entire show. He got the venue, caterer, t-shirts, lots of raffle prizes, and coordinated the kids coloring contest.
- Jordan Barth — DNW VicePrez — The voice of the Canby show. He was on duty all day both days, setting up audio/video equipment, making announcements, keeping the music rockin', and showing the videos we watch during the banquet.
- Dave Carter — Parking Coordinator — He orchestrated a great parking plan and carried it through easily.
- Julie Coop — Promotions/Printing — She got the word out and printed all the paperwork for the show.
- Terry Hintz — Registration — She organized the registration and ensured that your packet had everything you need.
- Elena Mark — Raffle — She organized and coordinated the raffle setup this year.
- Colleen Vandecoevering — Gate Coordinator — She is in charge of making your first impression at Canby a good one. She kept those cars and spectators moving through the gate.
- Doug Vandecoevering — DNW Treasurer and Trophy & Voting Coordinator — The guy responsible for the smoothly run voting and beautiful trophies.
|We are a growing group of Datsun enthusiasts based in the Pacific Northwest. If you're interested in becoming a member or just meeting other Datsun people, come to a club meeting and see what we're all about.|
Website issues? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org